Thursday, April 23, 2009

I really don't know what to write, but since I feel like I should at least make use of this blog, I will come up with something lame... haha... hmm I really enjoy fashion but I feel that I cannot dress fashionably for some reason... could I be too scared to try new outfits? too uncreative? seriously i've been wearing the same old outfits in a vicious cycle... when I see lovely bloggers like karla or lulu or susie just making rainbows in their outfits, I feel so inspired to try it myself, but yes, I always revert back to: plain shirt (haha i just typed "palin shirt"), old jeans, and old shoes...

Hmm sometimes i think i don't want to stand out too much, but I still am looking for my sense of style, ya know? Haha this lil post sounds very insecure and dumb, but just wanted to put it out there... anyone feel the same way?

what's ironic is that i spend almost all my time online reading through fashion blogs... i bet no one who takes a glance at me can guess that I am actually really interested in fashion... haha...

i think now my view on fashion is that it is a sort of magnetizing, rapidly changing, versatile, and completely relevant art form... i've noticed that a lot of fashion has to do with being able to afford the clothes and accessories... which is depressing because many young people who are interested in fashion do not have much funds. So, yes i really really admire those who can pull off a great look very inexpensively... oh but how it aches when you want that designer bag/shirt/jewelry item that is loved by the fashion world... i feel that there are two fashion realms: the designer world, populated by editors and models and rich fashionable folks, and then the eclectic world, full of ordinary people who dress extraordinarily out of whatever fascinating tidbits they collected through family, thrift stores, friends, or exotic places all over the world...

Most people are either in Designer Realm or Eclectic World, but a select few can hop and meld both worlds together poetically well... like: Kristin and Val, Karla, Rumi, Tavi... ah, their blogs are inspiring!

Oh I forgot to add: The DIY Land! Yesssss this is one of the more fabulous lands to be... the most creative and original fashionistas inhabit this area! I think most ppl in Eclectic World also enjoy a good amount of time here too...

Of course, of course, there are those who can afford and pull off designer duds very well... heck, designers themselves make their own lavish clothes!

Wow this is a long post... very random too... hmm i will let you know what other stuff seems to float in mind... ahh i really need to start actively dressing! laziness is no good... but so easy! i think another reason why i don't "go for it" in dressing is that i am very self-conscious about my body... yes you are prob rolling your eyes, but it's true! I am not that satisfied with baring my legs/any other body part that often... but now, I am getting braver haha! another thing, I am very very practical... since i have to walk so much around campus, I usually wear flip flops or good ol' sneakers... I cannot imagine marching around in my ballet flats or boots, which are both very flat shoes, but in terms of comfort, inferior. Sigh. Is there any sort of solution?

Well off to bed for me... I am going to go to physics lecture tomolo... I am going to make myself wake up!!!

1 comment:

  1. that took a while to get through :)

    dont be scared! just try anything! if it fails, there's always tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete